Sunday, January 1, 2012

Meal Plan Monday 1-2-12


It has been a long time since I did one of these!  I had a very busy fall. On top of being a mom to a 2-year old and wife to a great guy, I work full time (45 minute commute) and was taking 2 classes towards my master's.  Wow. Makes me tired just typing all of that out. 

I have been enjoying my break from classes this holiday season, and we have had plenty of holiday parties to attend to make up for it!  We also got to watch my son's eyes light up as he met Santa, played with friends and family, and opened presents.

My New Year's resolutions this year are pretty typical. Get finances under control. Lose 20 pounds.  Make time to appreciate friends and family.  It's nothing different than the rest of the year but New Year's gives me a chance to bring these goals to the forefront again.

On that front, finances and weight loss go hand-in-hand with meal planning, so I am back at it again!  My plan is to eat around 1500 calories a day. My husband is again on his diet where he lost 80 pounds last year. He fell off the wagon a bit lately and gained some of it back again, so he started fresh two weeks ago. This time around, he is down 16 pounds in the past two weeks.

My menu plan is going to accomodate me making my husband his meat and veggies, and then I will make a large pot or skillet of something that I can take as leftovers the next few days.  I like to try new recipes to make it fun. So here we go!

Sunday - Lasagna Soup, pork chops & asparagus
Monday - Cheeseburgers, sauteed mushrooms, green beans
Tuesday - leftovers
Wednesday - ??
Thursday - ??
Friday - ??

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment