Sunday, June 5, 2011

Menu Plan Monday - 6-6-11


I've been considering our family's nutrition.  My husband is still half-on his diet.  He's gotten back to his all-time high of 70 pounds, but he seems to have lost his motivation for continuing.  I have packed on an extra 5 pounds instead of losing them.  My son thinks that animal crackers and fruit snacks are part of the food pyramid.

And then I saw this.  My plate replacing the food pyramid.  I LOVE this idea. Making sure that we get a mix of grains, proteins, fruits, and veggies at every meal!  But how to make this work for breakfast, which is the main meal we struggle with? And how to translate this to snacks that a toddler will eat also - when animal crackers are so easy to grab?

It's a struggle, and I'm going to spend some time this weekend coming up with different ideas. I'll share our results! What do you do to make sure your children eat a healthy mix in the morning?

Monday - Spaghetti and Meatballs (make meatballs on weekend)
Tuesday - Pork Chops on the Grill, Green Salad
Wednesday - Taco Salad, no shell
Thursday - Cheeseburgers on the grill, fries, corn
Friday - Marguerita Pizza

Packable Lunches - Pasta Salad, Super Secret Subs

For more ideas, visit ORGJUNKIE.COM!

No comments:

Post a Comment