Saturday, September 11, 2010

Menu Plan Monday


Welcome to menu plan Monday!  Do you like the new design?  I think it's much easier to read and a lot cleaner looking.

As I said last week, we spent $109 at Wal-Mart and I've only added about $3 at Walgreens to that.  I would have thought we could have done better this week, but... we spent $30 at Aldi and $91 at Schnucks. And $4 at Walgreens for face wash. Yikes. The Schnucks trip included a lot of produce (part of which will be for a bridal shower tomorrow - I guessed about $20 for that purpose).  That's still above my budget of $75 a week, though. Maybe I need to raise the budget a little... or skip the $8 bottle of wine!  In addition to the baby shower, I bought for a casserole I'm making for my sister and brother in law.

The plan for this week includes easy Monday and Wednesday dinners since I have class those nights. Calvin and I get back home around 6 those nights, so an easy dinner or something that my husband can throw in the oven is a must! 

Monday - Chicken Cordon Blue Casserole - making 2, one for us, one for my sister in law who is expecting any day now!
Tuesday - Not-sagna pasta toss

Wednesday - Crockpot roast, steam veggies

Thursday - Steak, Twice Baked potatoes

Friday - OUT - HS Homecoming festivities. Will need to make something to bring here, maybe something with all of the apples from my in-law's tree?

Panzanella - hoping to make Sunday or for lunches?  I bought a $4 rosemary olive oil bread that looks delicious for this, and tons of produce. It better be as good as the reviews!  :-)

Check out I'm an Organizing Junkie for more menu plans and ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment